Mainly the root cause of kidney stones is lack of water in body. Although they seem to be the greatest risk, they can also be easily dealt through a guide to kidney stone removal naturally. So, we are going to share this guide in this article. The kidney stone removal through natural ways at home is absolutely possible for any of the age groups.
You can do the following things as a guide to kidney stone removal naturally at any age:
Remove Kidney Stone Naturally
For the purpose of kidney stones removal naturally, one must try to keep the body hydrated by drinking several types of liquids. These liquids should not only be rich in nutrients, but at the same time should moisturize the body very well.
1. Drink as much water as possible
This is true that water is the elixir of life. Due to lack of water stems the problem of kidney stone. So, start drinking plenty of fluids as they are integral for kidney stone removal naturally. Not only this, but they also help in preventing new stones from forming. Not only does the liquid flush out toxins, but it also helps move stones and grit through your urinary tract. Water alone helps kidneys to dissolve minerals and nutrients. It concurrently speeds up the process of digestion as well as absorption.
In addition, water helps flushing out unnecessary toxics from the body which might cause further harm to the kidneys. Particularly, people who have kidney stones should consume lots of water to flush out these stones through urine and it is advisable to drink 7-8 glasses of water every day on an average.
2. Drink lemon juice
Additionally, you can add freshly squeezed lemons to your water as often as you like because it is sometimes not easy to keep drinking only water. This will add some taste to water and you will be able to consume more water ultimately by adding lemon in it. Undoubtedly, lemons contain citrate, which is a chemical that prevents calcium stones from forming. That’s why citrate can also break up small stones, allowing them to pass more easily. But you may need a lot of lemons to make a huge effect, but you can use them in less quantity also. Not only this, but lemon juice has numerous other health benefits, for example, it helps inhibit bacteria growth.
3. Drink apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar contains acetic acid which remarkably helps to dissolve kidney stones. In addition to this, apple cider vinegar can help ease pain caused by the stones. It comes with numerous other health benefits of apple cider vinegar. To reap the benefit, add 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to 6 to 8 ounces of purified water and keep drinking this mixture throughout the day. You shouldn’t consume more than one 8-ounce glass of this mixture per day though. Simultaneously, you can also use it on salads straight or add it to your favorite salad dressing. But people with diabetes should exercise caution when drinking this mixture. Diabetics must monitor the blood sugar levels carefully throughout the day.
4. Drink wheatgrass juice
Interestingly, wheatgrass is packed with many nutrients and has long been used to enhance health. Wheatgrass increases urine flow to help pass the stones with much greater ease. Apart from that, it also contains vital nutrients that help cleanse the kidneys. For better results, you can drink 2 to 8 ounces of wheatgrass juice per day. To prevent side effects, remember to start with the smallest amount possible and gradually work your way up to 8 ounces as per your convenience. In case the fresh wheatgrass juice isn’t available, you can take powdered wheatgrass supplements as directed. Also, taking wheatgrass on an empty stomach can reduce your risk for nausea. In some cases, it may cause appetite loss and constipation.
5. Drink horsetail juice
Similarly, you can use horsetail to increase urine flow to help you flush out kidney stones, but it can soothe swelling and inflammation. To your surprise, it also has antibacterial and antioxidant properties that aid in overall urinary health. However, you shouldn’t use horsetail for more than six weeks at a time because there are dangers of seizures, decreased levels of B vitamins, and loss of potassium. Remember that you shouldn’t use horsetail if you take lithium, diuretics, or heart medications such as digoxin. Moreover, horsetail isn’t recommended for children and pregnant or breastfeeding women. Similarly, horsetail contains nicotine and shouldn’t be taken if you are using a nicotine patch or trying to quit smoking.
6. Drink basil juice
Naturally basil contains acetic acid, which helps to break down the kidney stones and reduce pain. In addition, it’s full of nutrients. This remedy has been used traditionally for digestive and inflammatory disorders. There are antioxidants and anti-inflammatory agents in basil juice, thus it may be helpful in maintaining kidney health.
You can use fresh or dried basil leaves to make a tea and drink several cups per day. Alternatively, you may also juice fresh basil in a juicer or add it to a smoothie.
7. Celery juice
By contrast, celery juice is thought to clear away toxins that contribute to kidney stone formation and has long been used in traditional medications. Likewise, it also helps flush out the body so you can pass the stone.
You can blend one or more celery stalks with water, and drink the juice throughout the day.
8. Drink Pomegranate juice
Interestingly, pomegranate juice has been used for centuries to improve overall kidney function. On regular intake, it will flush stones and other toxins from your system. It’s packed with antioxidants, which help keep the kidneys’ healthy and may have a role in preventing kidney stones from developing indirectly.
It also lowers your urine’s acidity level with time. Lower acidity levels reduce your risk for future kidney stones which keeps you stay free if you take it normally in your diet. There’s no limit to how much pomegranate juice you can drink throughout the day, so you can have as much as possible on an ease.
9. Drink kidney bean broth
Amazingly, the broth from cooked kidney beans has been used to improve overall urinary and kidney health. Side by side, it also helps dissolve and flush out the stones. Simply strain the liquid from cooked beans and drink a few glasses throughout the day to get rid of kidney stone.
10. Drink dandelion root juice
Dandelion root is a kidney tonic which stimulates the production of bile. It is used to eliminate waste, increase urine output, and improve digestion. Dandelions have almost all the required vitamins (A, B, C, D) by the body and minerals such as potassium, iron, and zinc.
You can make fresh dandelion juice or buy it as a tea as well. If you make it fresh, you have choice to add orange peel, ginger, and apple to taste. Drink 3 to 4 cups throughout the day on an average.
11. Corn hair or Corn silk
To begin with corn hair or corn silk is found in the husk of corns and is usually discarded. But did you know that it is extremely efficient in terms of getting rid of kidney stones. Corn hair can be boiled with water and strained later on before consumed. Above all, it also prevents formation of new stones and is a diuretic which increases the flow of urine. At the same time, corn hair helps in easing the pain that is accompanied with kidney stones.
Lifestyle changes which will help you not to have kidney stone in first place:
You must make some changes in your lifestyle in order to have kidney stone removal naturally because if we are able to get to the ground level of the problem, we can easily deprive it from happening because you cannot go for so many surgeries to for kidney stone. In fact, you should focus on the things which can help not to become a prey of the diseases like that in first place.
You can surely reduce your risk of kidney stones if you:
- Drink water throughout the day. We talked about the benefits of drinking a lot of water in the beginning of the article and we are reminding you again not to forget to meet the minimum required amount of water needed for you to consume for better functioning of body. Generally, for people with a history of kidney stones, doctors usually recommend passing about 2.6 quarts (2.5 liters) of urine a day. Your doctor may ask whether you measure your urine output to make sure that you’re drinking enough water. If you live in a hot, dry climate or you exercise frequently, you may need to drink even more water to produce enough urine as a lot of it water goes away in perspiring also. If your urine is light and clear, it indicates that you’re drinking enough water.
- Eat fewer oxalate-rich foods. If you tend to form calcium oxalate stones, your doctor may recommend you to restrict foods rich in oxalates. These majorly include rhubarb, beets, okra, spinach, Swiss chard, sweet potatoes, nuts, tea, chocolate and soy products.
- You should definitely choose a diet low in salt and animal protein. You can reduce the amount of salt you eat and choose non animal protein sources, such as legumes in order to be away from suffering from the problem of kidney stone. Also, consider using a salt substitute.
- You must continue eating calcium-rich foods, but use caution with calcium supplements. Calcium in food doesn’t have an effect on your risk of kidney stones, so you can continue eating calcium-rich foods unless your doctor advises you to discard them from your diet.
Also Read :- Home remedies for high fever
In addition, ask your doctor before taking calcium supplements, as these have been linked to increased risk of kidney stones. You may also reduce the risk by taking supplements with meals. Diets low in calcium can increase kidney stone formation in some people, so it’s better to have them in low amount.
Some Essential Tips to Keep Kidneys Healthy and Prevent Formation of Kidney Stones:
- The first very important thing one should do is to avoid consumption of too much salt.
- Exercise must be done in moderation. One must also avoid dehydration.
- Also, drink lots of water and healthy liquids. Don’t forget to include fibrous fruits and vegetables in the diet.
- Another important thing which you can do for better kidney health is avoid unhealthy foods like sugar, processed foods, sugary drinks, sodas, alcohol, black tea and chocolate.
- Above all, reduce intake of meats, eggs and poultry which are likely to increase the amount of acid in urine.
- Healthy and rich diet, whole wheat bread, vegetable proteins, pulses and sprouted grains are a good alternative source of proteins, nutrients and fibres that also reduce the risk of kidney stone formation.
- In addition, try to lose weight. It is true that being overweight or obese or gaining weight increases the risk of kidney stones. You might have heard it all before, but in order to reach a healthy weight, you need to exercise regularly.
When to see your doctor
Consulting a doctor becomes important in the situations when it must not be neglected. Do pay a visit to the doctor. If you are not able to pass your stone within six weeks. Even in case when you experience some sort of change, you can take advice of doctor. When it is about kidney stone, you can see your doctor in following cases:
- If you have severe pain and you are not able to tolerate it.
- When you encounter blood coming in your urine.
- When your body temperature is more than normal
- In case of chills also, you should pay a visit to the doctor
- Nausea is one particular problem when you should also consult a doctor in case of having kidney stone
- Sometimes you start vomiting because of pain or any other reason, in that case even you need to see the doctor immediately when you have kidney stone.
Your doctor will be able to guide you whether you need medication or any other therapy to help you pass the stone.
So, these are few things which you can do to be in good shape and away from kidney stones. There is not doubt that kidney stones cause a severe pain after obtaining a particular size or shape. Try these remedies not only in case of kidney stone, but for a better health. Even if you are not facing the problem of kidney stone. Still, you can go through these home remedies for future reference. It is true that precaution is better than cure. You need to make constant efforts to be a healthy person. So, keep away from every type of problem which can easily be worked out.